Here's 10 things you need to do before the year is over
As of today there are 46 days left in the year 2016. Many people are gearing up for the holiday season, some are totally heartbroken by what's happened recently in the US elections, some of us are simply busy being busy.
It's really easy to get sucked into the collective energy of "I Don't have time, to..
2. Do yoga
3. Do the things that really light me up.
Our culture where busy-ness and addiction to busi-ness is heavy on our minds and hearts.
We wanted to share this post about a few things you can do to plug back into your life and take action over the last month and a half of 2016. Overstressed and overtired is just all to common in our world today. We are super connected via technology and the events of around the world yet we feel disconnected from each other and ourselves.
1. Commit to a 40 Day Meditation Challenge. Just go for it, the impact of meditation consistently for the last 40 days of 2016 will without question alter your life in so many incredible ways. The biggest thing about it is that you will bring yourself back to your own story, you will feel so much more connected, rested and steeped in yourself. I'm sure like so many others you might have been caught up in the media storm around the recent election. Tap in, get inspired, build momentum and GO FOR IT!
2. Complete at least 3 Things You Said You'd Get Done This Year but Never Got Around To
Remember some of the promises you made at home, at work, or with friends that you never got around to keeping? Tackle at least three of them by the end of the year.
3. Host a 2016 Brainstorm party! Take 2-4hours with 3-4 friends and have a Brainstorm for yourself about what are the top things you can do to have an incredible finish to the year. Having a group with you is powerful as you can make public commitments with them and you can be accountable for one another to just go for it.
Get in touch with one of your mentors, coaches and brainstorm for yourself what are the top things you could do in the last 46 days of the year to make it amazing for your life.
4. Call in your TRIBE!
Call people you haven't connected with but would like to be in community with in 2016. Yes the year might have been busy, but if you can slow down your life enough to make a list of the people you want to see more of in 2016, then simply get in touch with them over the phone, or email that would be great. Try not to do this communication over facebook, if you have to, do it to get their phone or email and then get in touch. Make it as personal as possible with your friends. This is not something to add to your to-do list
Christmas and the New Year are a great time to reconnect with people you may have lost touch with. Show them that you're serious about reconnecting by putting in the extra effort and time to handwrite a special message in a holiday card. If you forget to send a Christmas card, you can always send a New Year's card!
5. Pick 20 things to get aligned in your life. One of the most impactful ones can be to simply complete your takes. We would say, complete your taxes in before December 10th. Anything after this you are stepping into the holiday bubble so you might get washed away by it all and delay. Get it done before December 1st and you will be so happy and clear during the holiday season and new years resolutions don't have to include completing things from 2016.
20 could be a daunting task but we say pick something small to fix, like cleaning out your drawers, your trunk in the car, your home. It's all energy and when you start to clean it up even at a small level, things will begin to move. We want you to get out of your own way for an incredible 2017.
6. Get a dental cleaning, health visit, and eye checkup before year end.
Get to cleaning for a fresh start to a new year. You definitely don't want your clutter to carry on into 2016. Dust, vacuum, and scrub away so your place will be spick and span. This will put you in a better mind-set when it comes to starting new resolutions, because a clear space can represent a blank slate.
7. Donate, Sell, Use Up, or Trash Clutter
When you're done giving your place a cleaning makeover, take the items that you no longer want or need and sell, donate, use up, or trash them. They may range from items like old clothes to leftovers in your kitchen cupboard. Make way for 2016!
8. Make a gratitude list for 2016. Gratitude is a powerful energy.
"Gratitude is an immensely powerful force that we can use to expand our happiness, create loving relationships, and even improve our health.
Many scientific studies, including research by renowned psychologists Robert Emmons and Michael McCullough, have found that people who consciously focus on gratitude experience greater emotional well-being and physical health than those who don’t. In comparison with control groups, those who cultivated a grateful outlook:
- Felt better about their lives as a whole
- Experienced greater levels of joy and happiness
- Felt optimistic about the future
- Got sick less often
- Exercised more regularly
- Had more energy, enthusiasm, determination, and focus
- Made greater progress toward achieving important personal goals
- Slept better and awoke feeling refreshed
- Felt stronger during trying times
- Enjoyed closer family ties
- Were more likely to help others and offer emotional support
- Experienced fewer symptoms of stress" - Source Chopra Centre
9. Map out your 2017 like an engineer. This means yes make a resolutions list, but lets start thinking like engineers designing our dream life. Maybe you live in Edmonton and you know that by March you are sick of winter, so maybe now is the time to book a weekend in Mexico or Vancouver. Or maybe you know that by June you would like to... Get really proactive with it, if that means you need to save some $$ then do it. Good engineers take good requirements, figure out all the requirements of experiencing this incredible year and get to it!
10. Become a global citizen.
The American election may be over, but our work has only just begun. Now is the time to fight for the world we believe in. We are not bystanders. We know that Global Citizens can change the world by taking action. Learn more here.